Author Topic: Which wrestlers do you think are staying in their comfort zone right now?  (Read 444 times)

The Sock

• HEY!
    • View Profile
And by that I mean wrestlers who aren't doing anything to turn heads and aren't striving to be better than they are.

For me, and I hate to say this cause he seems like a nice guy in real life, it would be Kofi Kingston. He seems happy just being a mid-carder and really has done nothing to improve his game to earn a main-event push.

How about you?
TWO WORDS: SOCK IT!

EDGECRUSHER

• View Profile
Re: Which wrestlers do you think are staying in their comfort zone right now?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 07:53:15 PM »
Cena
Kofi
Cena

Torgo

• BOlieve
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 08:07:57 PM »
And by that I mean wrestlers who aren't doing anything to turn heads and aren't striving to be better than they are.

For me, and I hate to say this cause he seems like a nice guy in real life, it would be Kofi Kingston. He seems happy just being a mid-carder and really has done nothing to improve his game to earn a main-event push.

How about you?

Alex Riley
Brodus Clay
Epico
JTG
Justin Roberts
Kofi Kingston
Mason Ryan
Michael McGillicutty
Primo
R-Truth
Scott Stanford
Tensai

And that's just RAW!
TAG
ME
IN

freud mayweather

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 08:24:51 PM »
Dolph.

dolph always comes off as auditioning for a better spot on the roster.

KoppoKick

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 08:26:39 PM »
Why do you say that about Kofi?  2012 is the year he unleashed The Wildcat.
Orton, as a babyface, seems pretty bored to me.  Doesn't seem to be much going on with him creatively, unlike his heel persona.

Niall

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 09:58:44 PM »
There's two strands to this interpretation.

Are we talking about guys who are happy getting a wage who have a certain level of talent where they can be on TV doing the same shit every week and look good, but don't want to rock the boat to advance their career...

Or, are we talking about guys who just don't care about their craft or their legacy, and are just taking the pay packet while its there?

I'd say Cena falls somewhere between those categories.  From the limited "shoot" interviews I've seen with Cena, its clear that he is a business guy, a corporate dude who is very pro WWE and towing the company line is more important than personal pride.  Not that personal pride isn't important, its just secondary to him. It doesn't come across that he sees his future in anything outside of WWE, or takes inspiration from anything outside of that realm.  He's been doing the same schtick for close to ten years, without significant change and while he is over, he isn't going to rock the boat to change or tweak it in anyway.

Other guys I'd throw into the category are probably Sin Cara (seems to do the minimum to earn his big pay check), AJ Styles and Samoa Joe (right now they should be jumping to WWE because staying where they are is as status quo as it gets). 

POE-Bot Activated!

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 10:09:57 PM »

I would say Ted DiBiase, Jr. The guy who loves to 'hunt, fish, listen to country music and spend time with his wife and kids' should be a Ricky Steamboat-esque babyface and a throwback to the WCW fanbase, not a lower-card guy.

The Big Don

• View Profile
Every single good wrestler on earth